Through the first ARAPID Congress, HAJAR association organized a Nurse workshop and a patient meeting and workshop on Patient Education therapy. This was animated by Dr. Mehdi Adeli, from Qatar, and was the opportunity to exchange patient experiences from all over Arab world.
The celebrations of the world PI week in Cairo included a social activity "the balloon launch supported by jmf " on the 22nd of April which was organized by our colleagues in Cairo university. PID patients enjoyed a day trip to the Pharonic village.
Humorists joined the Hajar Association to organized a show to collect funds for the support of PID children in the middle of the month of Ramadan.
The Hajar charity for children with PID organized its 3rd Gala 2014 in Casablanca. The godmother of Hajar, the adorable actress Samia Akriou and Great Humorist Hassan El Fad hosted the evening with many artist including the prodigy Hatim Amor. Prof. Claude Griscelli and his wife have honored us with their presence. During this wonderful evening, Ms. Bouchra Benhayoun, Hajar GS signed the partnership agreement with Ms. Mireille GERVASONI, President of APRAT (French Associaiton of supports to people with Ataxia Telangiectasia).
The Hajar Association in collaboration with the Moroccan Society for Primary Immunodeficiencies (MSPID) organized three activities during WPIW (April 22-29): Scientific meeting on PID and autoimmunity in Clinical Immunology Unit Ibn Rushd University Hospital, the day of blood donation on Saturday morning and meet with families on Saturday afternoon.
As a contribution of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology department of Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt in the celebration and awareness of primary Immune deficiency week 22-29 April 2014, a day's out was held in the Pyramids with the PID patients in collaboration with Rac Nasr city club, The 5 patients and their families enjoyed the outings which was followed by a meal in McDonalds and photos were taken and uploaded on social media website as a part of awareness campaign to PID.
1- Moroccan word PI Week
- 2nd April: PID Round Table in collaboration with the Association of Residents of Averroes University Hospital: Training resident students in PID diagnosis, Theme: PID in Paediatrics; PID in Adults; Workshop.
- 23rd April: 2nd MSPID Spring Day: Seminary in the Faculty of Sciences of Ben M’sik, Casablanca, for training of young scientists on PID. Theme: Autoimmunity and PID.
- Blood Collection Day (Children Hospital in Casablanca, April 26, 2014): To collect blood for plasma fractionation and Ig production
- Media campaign: flyers, interviews and ads in journals to raise awareness in general public
2- Hajar Gala Diner : 9th May 2014, animated by our Godmother, the Actress Samia Akariou
1. Two PID awareness sessions on December 12 and 19, 2013 at Ghamra Hospital. These two sessions were organized to increase PID awareness among general pediatricians and neonatologists. The first session on December 12, 2013 was about approach to PID diagnosis. The second on December 19, 2013 was about the use of immunoglobulin therapy in PID
2. In Sohag governorate which is 900 km south of Cairo, we arranged a session on PID awareness during the annual congress of faculty of medicine- Sohag University (January 23, 2014). It was a very successful session during which physicians working in Upper Egypt were introduced to the field of PID.
1. The celebrations of WPIW, 2014 will include a workshop for PID awareness on April 26,2014.